Few weeks back, I've written a mental post for the letter L but magically, it didn't appear on my blog. So, now I am finally in the mood to type out a proper one but I reckon it'll be different from the one I've mentally written a while ago. A while ago, I had a short holiday to visit Hannah and Aina in London. Initially, I wanted to just enjoy my last week of the holiday at the serenity of my own home but it has been decided that I got to pay them a visit. All I can say is, FINALLY because the last time I planned this, it was cancelled due to appendicitis.
During this last trip of my last free ticket, I discovered new things and I visited new places. In those 8 short days, I managed to meet up with some old schoolmates and old coursemates during my Diploma. Thank you for dinner, Faqi. Thank you Oggy, Shahrir and Dyad for an unbelievable amount of raw salmon intake during dinner. Thank you for coffee, Ezzaty. Thank you for lunch and dessert, Shakirah. Thank you Hannah and Aina for being the most wonderful and welcoming hostess.. Hostess? I think that is the word. Haha. If I were to list down the things Hannah did for me while I was there, this post would be a a long post for you then. Haha I am more than thankful and if I can repeat it, again I shall do so but probably a little less trifle this time because everyone says I am fat now. Huh! Evil people! ..... but yes, I did gain weight. I thought with the amount of walking I did, the calories intake would have been set off, I was wrong.. So wrong..
To compensate the small white lie that I told my father about this trip.. I really did visit a lot of university. Truth is, I told him I'm going for a holiday only one week before and he goes... "What?" and I said "Oh, I am going to visit the university, checking out which university suits me best for my professional papers.." Firstly, only certain COLLEGES offer those accounting professional papers, not universities. Hahaha. I bet my dad knows her daughter too well already but yes, I did go around the university or more like I visited those impossible university I could ever enter. We went to Oxford Uni :O Impressive ! And then, we went to Cambridge :OO There was this cute Malay guy in one of those halal shops, the attractive meter went up to the boiling point! And we did get to see the University of Portsmouth's library and it reminded me of PTAR. No joke and lastly, I went to University College of London. Not bad, but the buildings were so scattered around the block, I need more than a month to catch up and locate the buildings. There, see. I did visit many universities and technically, I did not lie.
And all the pictures surfaced on Facebook did portray a fun learning experience that I had, because truthfully, I did had fun but somehow, my heart is not there, my heart is still in Malaysia when the topic about studying abroad comes up, every single time. Maybe, I love going out to see other people's country but I still love my own country more to stay here and study here. To be away from my family, is not a risk that I am willing to take now, especially after going through 5 funerals in the last 6 months. I suppose, there must be a reason why I didn't get to further my studies abroad and now that I can try to do so, at least by applying for scholarships and loans, I am not interested to do so. At all, weird indeed.
Anyway, here are some of the pictures :)

1 comment:
Min, jangan salahkan trifle min. hahahah.
Post a Comment