Let's make things a bit formal by discussing about investment for the letter I. Let's pretend that I am 23 years old already. Let's play grown up. Everyone can roughly explain what is investment but to sum it up in a few words can be quite tough, so I asked our good friend, Mr Google. Apparently, the word investment can be viewed from two different perspectives which are from the finance view, or the economic view.
"Finance investment is putting money into something with the expectation of gain, that upon thorough analysis, has a high degree of security for the principal amount, as well as security of return, within an expected period of time"
" In economic theory, investment is the amount purchased per unit time of goods which are not consumed but are to be used for future production"
(Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Bottom line, investment is something that will bring benefit to us in the future. Heck, I have no idea where I am going with this but it seems like everything we do in life should be beneficial for us, hence, anything that we do should be an investment but that doesn't mean that when we offer to do nice things to other people, in return we would want people to do the same for us. That is related to sincerity and that is another different topic.
Being an accounting student/ accounting graduate ( YAHOOOOOO!), I see the word investment practically everywhere. One would only invest when there is a guaranteed return at the end of the tunnel. The higher the risk, the higher the return. It's a favourite phrase for all the finance lecturer but it seems impossible for one to calculate the risk. For me, risk is something that is very vague. You can try to count them but are they accurate?
Everything seems so uncertain right now and I do not know what will be the best investment for my future. It would be nice if everything is laid out in front of me and all that I have to do is just venture into it with an open heart. A friend said that I should follow my heart. Frankly, my heart says find a job. Weird. I know. Another part of my heart says, go travel and explore the world. Oh, ignore that part of my heart. As much as I am worried, somehow I know that God will work things out for me. All I want is some stability in every part of my life.
![]() |
| Sit right smack in front of your lecturer, this is a very good investment. |
![]() |
| A few reliable multi coloured pens and a good pencil are worth the investment. Actually, I didn't pay for the red and green pen. Thanks .... firm ? Haha |
![]() |
| No caption needed? |
Above everything else, education is the best investment that you could invest in. I used to be one lazy kid and I still am but when you're older, you can differentiate what is important and what is not. Being 23 years old sucks if I am going to be this boring. Let's go out lah!



No comments:
Post a Comment