Sunday, January 29, 2012

#D

D for definition. Just a simple word with a wide meaning, because we tend to define words differently. No specific word, just sometimes, we interpret one single word differently. For example, the word life, I can define the world life to its maximum definition but it might vary from your definition. There's nothing wrong with it because we, human are born differently, with various sets of physical ability and mental capability. I think differently and I suppose you do too. If one human being thinks exactly the same like another human being, one might think that the other is a copy cat. Furthermore, if we all think alike, then there will be no argument, no discussion, only followers and no leaders. 

Usually, its those one word that indicates vague meaning, such as life, love and happiness. Or, even the word birthday can impose several meanings if you really ask a person. I enjoy birthdays, be it my birthday or other people's birthday because for me, its a day for you to be thankful that you managed to add another number to your age, increase your maturity level and just be thankful for having the chance to live another day, another year but lately, the definition of birthday means that you are older and people expect you to be more mature and a little wiser and then comes, the marriage and working part. In other words, birthdays will just add more stress and now, just thinking about turning 23 makes my stomach grumble and churn a bit. Not fun eh? 

Then, the word fat and thin. So, someone just updated her status that implies the word thin for her is quite offensive, just how the word fat is offensive for me. See, its how you define it that makes it offensive. Fat is not my favourite word because it means excess fats and muffin tops and if someone calls me skinny, oh, I'll take it as a compliment and I'll swallow those rice like its plain water. Life works in a funny way but its how you look at it will increase its humour. Our definitions, views and perspective of life might differ but it doesn't mean that we have to disrespect each other and start to bicker oftenly, isn't it? The word respect is initiated for a reason, it is for us to tolerate other people's view in life and accept them. After all, it's not like how others define something will affect your own life. 

My definition of good music might be different from yours and then all of a sudden, you make the assumption that I am not cool? Have you ever thought that, first of all, my definition of cool is totally different from yours and thus, my definition of good music shall differ as well because I will listen to what I define as cool. Get it? This is just an example. My definition of good  music is songs with good lyrics. It doesn't have to be sappy but when it is meaningful, you'll tend to be lost in the music, automatically. 

And, a normal argument that will never reach a consensus is the definition of handsome and beautiful. Why do we have to argue about this when it is so obvious that everyone is different in their own way? But still, I know,  it is a good topic to be debated about because we are normal humans. Hehe. My definition of handsome will be Ashton Kutcher. Period. And many will disagree. I don't blame any of you because we have different set of eyes and thinking. It's as easy as that and that's why we define words differently :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Min, sorry. I kalau cakap you gemuk tu I main2 je. You tak gemuk pun!

Lzr

Anonymous said...

Keringting u mmg gemuk mcm
Walcott..hihi

Eston kucer