Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Morning Victory

I got the ultimate victory that I have always dreamed of getting.
I achieved it in the sweetest possible way there is, with the guiltiest feeling ever.
At the time that I achieved it, I felt like I was on top of the world
but when all the hype died down, I kept on pondering what happens next if I were to get the trophy?
Do I really want the trophy?
Do I really need the trophy?
The trophy that once used to be as shiny as it could be, now is just a piece of steel, with no value.
An honest answer to the question would be, I need the trophy more than I want it.
It's just an old trophy that provides nothing but just some awful dust.
Just some dust that leads to a massive mess.
A mess that you just can't clean up with a broom or even a vacuum because the stain refuses to go away and it will stay there, permanently forever.
I don't want the trophy, but at the same time, the feeling of actually owning it feeds my empty soul.
The sight of the trophy used to give me shivers.
The sight of the trophy used to make me wander around, endlessly.
The sight of the trophy made me sick.
The thophy made me less of a human.
Don't worry, the trophy is not mine to be kept.

1 comment:

Fiza-K said...

eeep.you're a deep writer. I love it.