Saturday, August 20, 2011

Time flies.

2.36am, 19 Ramadhan. 

Selamat berpuasa folks. Its a bit late, but at least we have 10 more days to go right? 10 more precious days to go in this holy month. Every year, I vow to myself that this Ramadhan will be better than the year before but I've been skipping my terawikh, I think I should be punished. I've got 10 more days to improve and I should be good. 

Frankly speaking, this Ramadhan feels slightly different or maybe, a lot different. I am at home for 30days and not just a few days. For the past four years, fasting month means dragging your lazy ass to class, being extra hyper when you go to the bazaar with your friends, dragging your full tummy to the mosque, waking up your friends and yourself for Sahur and blaming terawikh for the unfinished assignments the next day. Haha. And of course, copying your friend's assignment in class, the next day. 

I miss those times where we would drive to the mamaks and Nasi Lemak SS22 in PJ at the wee hours for sahur. I miss going to the bazaar with my classmates and not knowing what to buy on the 7th day of Ramadhan. I miss having gatherings during weekends with my family for Iftar. I miss seeing all the sleepy faces during Sahur. I miss having little gatherings with my Kedah friends especially since Ramadhan always comes around at the end of the semester, we are all tied up with work and to gather everyone is such a challenge but we always manage to pull through. I miss going to class and talk about what to eat and quarrel with my fellow classmates on who's turn it is to pick the restaurant. I just miss Shah Alam. And oh, I miss going to Masjid Shah Alam for terawikh and then we will all be swooning over the hot guys wearing baju Melayu and they all look so wangi. Hehe. Talk about killing two birds with one stone :) 

So, I think you get the point. I miss Shah Alam. I just wish that I realized that the last Ramadhan that I had with them was actually the last one that I'll ever have with them. I mean, it's the last one that we have while we are studying because like it or not, we are not going to see each other as much when the next Ramadhan makes an appearance. Just a sign that we are growing too fast. Too, too fast.

No comments: